Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Dating Chronicles of Cheré (Ch.11): Mr. Thug'n Love

I was young. I was dumb. I'm willing to admit the truth.

Mr. Thug'n Love was my first true love. Just kidding. He was the first guy to kiss my hand and tell me how beautiful I was. It was love at first sight. I loved his compliments and he loved the way I looked. It was a match made in the land of make believe, when all that matters in life are good looks and smooth words. So, you already know this was going no where.

I met this guy through one of his relatives and we hit it off at first. He was always very polite. He was older than me. I was in high school and he was a little over 20. So, I felt grown when he called me. I would soon find out that I was more mature than him in many ways. Older does not mean wiser.

We met during the summer and we spent a lot of time together. We would go out on dates and just enjoy our time together. Then I found out the big news that he had kept from me for a while. He had a child. Okay, I can deal with that. It's not like we're getting married. So, one day I went by the house of one of his family members who I knew. When I got to the house, everyone was looking at me like I was crazy. I couldn't understand what was going on. Why was everyone looking at me like I had just come out of the loony bin. Well, I was taken to the side and told that his child's mother who was also pregnant with his baby was in the house.

Using my sense, I called him to ask what was going on. He could have told me this pertinent piece of information. We talked for a few minutes and we came to an understanding that I would not be going out with him again out of respect of his "GIRLFRIEND". So, I didn't not hear from him for a while.

He called me one day just to hear my voice and told me that he missed me and couldn't understand why I hadn't called him anymore. I didn't understand where this was coming from, so I just talked to him for a second. I was a little flattered, young, and foolish. While we were talking, it sounding like a commotion was going on. I asked what was happening and he told me that someone was trying to steal his car. If someone is stealing your car then why are you on the phone. I just didn't understand, so I got off of the phone.

I didn't speak to him again for about a month. He called me at work to see how I was doing. Did I mention that he was in jail at the time. Why? I don't know. More importantly, why are you calling me at work from jail? I saw this person a few times hear and there because he is related to one of my friends, but only in passing. It is weird, because every time I see him I just wonder why? Why did he call me from jail? Why did he not tell me that he had a girlfriend with a baby on the way? Why was he on the phone with me when his car was getting stolen? So many questions but no way to get them answered. I can only characterize this as FOOLISHNESS.

1 comment:

Create said...

DEAR Chere ..the more u ask a question..becomes no answer ..
it is simple...the guy was a plays.and you was his eazy prey..if you give in to any demand or implication or just plain hello..now days..that is an indication to step where u become an interest, the other woman in his life to play on..it's that simple.,.no love lost..but love gained..it's all hope it's played

he wanted a friend away from issues..where he was hisself an issue needing ur support and understanding..feelme..been there done that and then some..it's good for u ..he wasn't worth the time it took to understand why..it wasn't ment ..at all for u to get an answer..let it go..likeu did..peace..Create