Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Enjoying Your City: Taking Advantage of a Cancelled Vacation

Last year, I was supposed to go to Puerto Rico for my summer vacation. Sadly, I arrived at the airport late and missed my flight. However, there was another flight available for the following morning, but I ended up canceling the trip due to unforeseen circumstances.

Having to cancel the trip left me with one major question: WHAT NOW? I was all packed and ready to go out of town with no where to go. So, I did the only reasonable thing. I acted as if I was visiting Atlanta (my hometown), and I hotel hopped for 4 days. I never realized how fun this could be, and I enjoyed every moment at each hotel. I also had the opportunity to enjoy my city. Everyday, I drive to work, drive to lunch, drive home, and that's it. I never have a chance to really look at my surroundings and experience what the city has to offer. Well, when the chance presented itself, I took advantage of it.

One hotel I stayed at was the Doubletree Inn. I must say, I love hotel specials. I was able to get a cheap rate and a great room. I was close to downtown, near the highway, yet close to attractions and shopping centers. Everything I needed was a hop, skip, and jump away from my location. The room was a great value and the bed had to be one of the most comfortable hotel bed I had slept on in a while.

Another hotel I visited was the Marriott. This hotel was located on the outskirts of the city. The area was more secluded than the hotel downtown. There was a pool, and I felt very relaxed. The hotel was also close to shopping centers, but they were not as close as those near the Doubletree. This was no problem for me, because I wanted to be in a more private location where I could relax and get away from everything. Did I mention the room was gorgeous? I enjoyed every bit of the stay, and I got more sleep than I had in years.

I must say that one picture cannot fully show how nice and spaceous the room was at the Marriott. I felt like I was in a luxury suite in this impressive room. I would definitely at a Marriott hotel again. In addition to staying in such a nice and comfortable room, the hotel also gave me a $25 gift card for staying there. I also had a great room rate, and the price was much lower than the rooms true value.

Breakfast was also delicious and included in the room price. This hotel proved to be the perfect in-town hotel option. Though it was not in the city center, I was close enough to the city to enjoy all that Atlanta has to offer. I encourage you to visit Marriott's and Doubletree's websites.

ENJOY LIFE TO THE FULLEST. DON'T LET LIFE'S UNEXPECTED BLUNDERS AND MISHAPS STOP YOU FROM ENJOYING LIFE. MAKE THE MOST OF WHAT YOU HAVE AVAILABLE, LET GO, AND HAVE FUN!

1 comment:

taxi service in southeast georgia said...

I enjoyed this post. At least there's nothing to feel sorry about coz you enjoyed the whole time