Friday, March 16, 2012

The Dating Chronicles of Cheré (Ch.13): Mr. Bossy

It has been a while since I last added a chapter to the The Dating Chronicles of Cheré, so I feel that it is time. During the past few years that I have been m.i.a, I have had an opportunity to date. Some of the characters have been very interesting and ignorant at the same time. It is always a joy to share the foolishness that I encounter on a daily basis.

One evening after hanging out with friends, a guy approached me at a gas station. He was very mannerable. He appeared to have some sense, and he was very handsome. He has an accent and the most beautiful light brown eyes. I agreed to exchange numbers and that is when the foolishness began. We spoke on the phone frequently and I enjoyed our conversations. Our first date was impromptu, so we decided to go to a restaurant that neither of us had been to previously. The conversation was GREAT. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and didn't want the date to end. Every topic that we each brought up was followed by a great discussion. So, of course I agreed to a second date.

The second date was somewhat impromptu as well, which alerted my foolishness and mayhem radar sensors. Over the years, I have learned that last minute dates and impromptu planning often means there is a significant other at home waiting for the person you are dating....or the person is a crazy, serial killer who was trying to hide the last body. With that being said, we made plans to go to the park. There was terrible traffic everywhere that day. I arrived about 10 minutes late. He arrived 1 hour late. That's the same isn't it. When you think about it, 10 minutes versus an hour is minimal. Yeah right! So, I was already annoyed.

When he arrived, we took a stroll around the park. It was actually very romantic until he began he rather aggressive PDAs. Things got so awkward and bad that people were staring at us because he was just that "passionate". Well, we left this date and I had planned to never see him again. So, he called and I ignored. He texted and I ignored. I finally picked up when he called because I figured I would tell him how I felt about our second date and what I deemed as acceptable behavior versus unacceptable behavior. I felt it was only fair that he knows why he is single so that he can fit it. Right?

After begging and pleading, I finally agreed to go out on a 3rd date with him. We went to a new restaurant and the date was actually okay, until he ordered my food for me without allowing me to say what I wanted to eat. I didn't pay for the food and once I saw that he was also eating off of my plate I just figured it was a couples plate in his mind. Please note that the food was awful! However, we had another great conversation, so he got a few brownie points for holding my interest. Then he began to become a little too affectionate again. At that point, I stopped him in his tracks and explained to him what was too much. I do not mind a public kiss or hug or a little affection, but I don't enjoy making out like I'm in the scene of a soap opera or in a flick...in public. He explained that I am so beautiful that he couldn't help himself. (side note: I totally understand because my beauty often amazes me as well, but you have to control yourself). Once I explained to him that I would be leaving if he didn't pull himself together, he saw that I was serious. He began to act appropriately, so we finished the date.

For some reason I enjoy foolishness, because I agreed to one last date with him. When he arrived, I was excited to see that he had on the same outfit that he had worn on two of the prior dates, which was a beige plaid shorts and a green or light blue shirt. And this time he decided to wear this outfit with bright, blue hightop sneakers. Oh what a joy! I didn't mention this before, but I do like a well dressed man especially when I'm looking rather lovely. So, to go out to a nice venue with some dressed like a confused teen who is clearly too old is just plain embarrassing. We met at a location between where we each lived for convenience. He rode with me to the lounge. We went to the lounge and sat down for drinks, appetizers, and possible live music that never happened. I ordered a beer because I knew I could drink it quickly and we could leave if he annoyed me. He was very mannerable at the lounge but I did have to get home soon.

When we left I kept explaining that I needed to get home soon and his reply was "No, you will spend more time with me". My reply was, "No I will not!" I will go home. My problem is that he wasn't asking me to spend more time with him. He was telling me that I would (crazy person language). That is when I mentally decided that I was done with this situation. Though I wanted to give the guy a chance, it was not worth the trouble. Bossy + crazy = lead character in a Lifetime Network movie, and I was not ready to be the victim. On the way to drop him off he asked me to take him to a gas station. He got out to get some drinks. Why? I don't know, but it was unnecessary. He asked me if I wanted anything and I said no. He said, "I will bring you a Corona." I don't believe I asked for that, so I said no but thanks for the offer. He replied by saying again, "I will bring you the Corona." Now, I'm not "gangsta" but I will say what needs to be said to a crazy person. I explained to him why he wasn't bringing me Corona and to actually bring me some water or a soda unopened so that he wouldn't slip me a ruthie. He obliged and I was finally able to drop him off at his car.

When we got to his car, he felt the need to try to make out with me again. Way too much was going on and I was trying to get home. He then blurted out, "MY FRIENDS ALL TELL ME YOU TREAT ME BADLY." I wanted to tell him that my friends all think he's crazy, but never push a crazy person to the edge. Just nod your head and let them say what they have to say. Otherwise, you will be the victim in the Lifetime movie. He continued on to explain that I need to be more attentive to him and call him more. But I didn't really like him so why call. After the conversation, I told him that it just wasn't working for me. I felt that we were not compatible. He thought that I was wrong, so I left and let him stay in his little land of no reality.

From that point on I ignored his calls, because he called and texted all day everyday. This is why I never tell guys where I live. After 4 months, he finally stopped calling. Men say women are stalkers and whiners, but he proved that myth to be wrong. I did learn one thing from him. If a person seems crazy even after a good first date, RUN! I tried to give him a chance but I did my civic duty.

No comments: